Monday, August 31, 2009

Blood Ties

Last night was really great. I reunited with relatives that I barely knew. We all exchanged numbers and hopefully will get better acquainted. Winston and Hedy were super sweet in trying to get me involved with karaoke, which was only feasible when BSB or NSYNC was on.

This morning I woke up at 6 am to take the R to the L to my sublet. I had left my bike out there overnight but couldn't get to it by 4 today since working 9-5 prohibits doing things like that. I was toppling over because there were four doors between the front entrance to the street. This man who was in a red van looked at me... and then helped me up. I'm going to miss Brooklyn and all the people in it. Biking across the Williamsburg bridge was beautiful; the clouds were still a bit pink.

Flashback:
Summer 1998. I had met my cousins Cindy, Judy, and Wendy for the first time since we were toddlers. I had just finished my school year with Miss Lewis, and was excited to go to Aunt Jenny's wedding. I was a few months too late for that, but I had such a great summer going to Disneyland in Anaheim, renting scary movies like Leprechaun in Garden Grove, and swimming in Costa Mesa. Wendy is one of my best friends now, and it started out as a simple blood relationship.

No comments: