Friday, June 17, 2011

gray or blue

-jaymay

such a cute song.

...as I sit in Starbucks overlooking Madison Avenue's river that has formed as a result of the current downpour, I feel so at peace.

Last night, I greeted Rachel at Penn Plaza as she finished taking her GREs. We sat and talked for over an hour before walking around the city streets. Then we parted ways as I met up with Anjali, Meera, Karen, Liz and Emily at May's Sushi on 2nd Avenue and 7th Street. I had the color roll and avocado roll over lots of laughs and good conversation. Then around 9:30, Liz and I headed out to our respective upper sides of Manhattan. I got to Rachel's apartment and we watched Timers. We had the best time talking about life and love, especially when we were joined by Kathryn and Christina! It is amazing how things are so simple with some.

I woke up at 10:30 and had some Fiber One (caramel delight) with soy milk and some of the prunes I had in my bag. Then I headed downtown to meet up with Alexa for lunch at Momofuku's Ma Peche in midtown. It was DELICIOUS - we split the tofu summer rolls and I had the shrimp po boy on a French baguette with a light creamy sauce, topped with basil and cilantro. Then we had Starbuck's tiramisu cake pops for dessert. I have never been so satisfied with the quality of food - so fresh and tasty. Next stop, the Momofuku Ssam Bar when we are reunited in August (so close to checking them all off the list)!

I may stop by my old job and hang out with my old co-workers over a beer before going to potluck at my old apartment. I cannot wait to hang out with Emily, Meera, Liz, Karen, and my cousin Judy with special guests Derek and Joe from DMS haha. Then, maybe even have a throwback as we reminisce at Phebe's where we had gone during our old NYU days.

The rain stopped! It is time to go back out and take in the city...

No comments: