Friday, August 19, 2011

Palliative end of life care.

Today we had a lecture by Dr. Byock. It was engaging and incredible. There were some questions he talked about asking patients that I wanted to answer.

If you were to die suddenly, as any of us might, would there be important things left undone?

Are there: 

Projects that would be left incomplete unless they were turned over to others?  
 I still need to finish the BBC's "50 places to go before you die". You'll have to go to those sites for me.


People you would have wanted to visit at least one more time? 
 So many people in so many places to reminisce about so many memories.


Things that would be left unsaid to significant people in your life?
For whatever I have done to wrong you, I hope you forgive me as I have forgiven those who hurt me. I choose to only remember the good times, especially those instances when I truly felt seen and heard by you. Thank you for being there. I love you.
 ---
So morbid, I know. However, it just needs to be said.  

No comments: