Friday, April 30, 2010

doing what you want

It's incredible how people can make or break your day. Today my boss let me help out at the conference for which she is the chairperson. Seriously, I am actually excited to be the one to click through the PowerPoint slides; it allows me to attend!

http://www.dsls.usra.edu/meetings/sysradbio2010/

Flashback: sometime last month or so
I hesitantly walked into my principle investigator's office to discuss the end of my contract terms. William had cast doubt on my ability to leave for a summer program, but it was all up to our boss. I started off with, "Well Cary..." and she cut me off there by saying, "Don't plan for anyone else. What do YOU want to do?" It was amazing and very liberating. We talked about me leaving for Berkeley in late June and she was ok with that. And I started to forward to finishing up my time at my job to the best of my ability because I felt my boss really cared for my best interest as well as the entire lab's.

No comments: