Saturday, April 17, 2010

just to remember an ordinary day.

Yesterday as I was going to the animal room to give the mice with blespharitis grape-flavored antibiotics and puralube on their eyes, I knew it was not going to be a day I will remember. There was nothing out of the ordinary. In the morning, I decanted the 10% formalin from the glass scintillation vials, rinsed the A1004 tissues with tap water and stored them in 70% ethanol. I labeled whole mount cassettes for Irineu's A0914_4 experiment. Then after lunch, we collected murine mammary fat pads to preserve in carnoy's solution. I labeled some tubes for RNA purification and planned my schedule for Monday's clonogenic assay preparation. By 4:30, I changed the A1004 whole mount cassettes from carmine dye to 70%, 90%, and 95% ethanol to dehydrate the tissue and eventually stored them in toluene.

I met up with Kenny and Ed at a bar for nachos and drinks around 53rd and 2nd Ave. We then went to Good Burger for real food. That vegetable burger was really good. After, we went to Crumbs and over-indulged ourselves with delicious cupcakes. As we walked down the street, Ed said something that was awesome without realizing it: That girl is too skinny. It was the kindest thing ever. In a superficial city, there are people out there who don't care about it.

However, that didn't prevent me from going to the gym.

No comments: