Sunday, August 22, 2010

"home - can i come home? home is whenever i'm with you."

yesterday was perfect.

although sean did NOT come to visit me, i was able to pack my things and head to the bus terminal. as i walked up, the bus was leaving!! fortunately, the bus driver stopped when i looked sad and opened the door for me to hop on. the timing was so beautiful... but it seemed early because the bus should have departed at 2:55 pm, and it was only 2:46 pm. i'm just saying...

i went to centre street and then went to bank of america to open an account, only to realize that it closes at 3 pm on saturdays. i wanted to close my chase account... but they close at 2 pm on saturdays. sigh. then i went to the apple store in soho to get my headphones checked out. they were booked so i got an appt at the genius bar up at 57th street and fifth ave. apparently my sweat had short circuited the speaker and volume adjustment. the nice man gave me a new pair. i went back downtown to have dinner with some of my soulmates at may's. jessie joined me, then nikhil, savita, saad, evan, steph, emily, hearst, amy, eric, christine, mike, jason, and last but not least - meera came! we had a lot of sushi, sapporo and sake. YUM. then savita and jessie surprised nikhil, meera and me with fried green tea ice cream. so delicious, i ate it all up. jordan and haylie joined us at the very end, but as we headed out they stayed to eat. the tr people peaced out due to next day obligations, and nikhil, jessie, jason and i went up to meera's apt. steph bought me a bottle of absolut brooklyn which is probably my new favorite... SO GOOD WITH GINGER ALE. and i had my bottle of firefly vodka. hearst and saad bought a couple bottles of whiskey. it was wonderful to hang out with my best friends. at sutton's place on 2nd ave and 54th, we met up with partha, saager, natalie, dinesh, veena, bijal, sandeep, and so many other faces :) meera, evan and i split a cab to 34th and 6th where evan hopped in the path and meera and i went back to her place. we ate and passed out.

this morning, i woke up at 5:45 am, 15 minutes after my alarm had been ringing and hustled to port authority. i arrived at 6:05 am for my 6 am bus.. but luckily, where i was late five minutes, my bus driver was late 30. it worked in my favor. i got back to white river junction at 2 pm and chris picked me up. we went to panera's for lunch and then to the library for awhile until we got really hungry. he drove ryan and me back to our respective homes... home is a funny thing. it can be a feeling with people or a place. i'm starting to find hanover to be my home. in new york, i started to realize that maybe the overflowing garbage cans in the street, the overflowing subway cars, and overflowing activity might not be for me... who would have thought that could happen?

No comments: