Friday, April 29, 2011

unexpectations

today was SO lovely in more ways than just the unexpected sunny weather that was originally forecasted for rain.

i unexpectedly woke up early at 6 to the sun so bright streaming through the window (after 8 hours of sleep because i passed at 1030 last night). i slowly sipped my green tea while reading through some notes.

class was really entertaining, i enjoyed dr. taylor's talk about gonorrhea, despite its seriousness. lab ended way early, but i was happy to identify salmonella and pseudomonas. i was unexpectedly asked to go on a short walk in between classes, which was incredibly beautiful with the trees blossoming, the grass greening, and the sky crystal clear.

then, emily unexpectedly told me she wanted to come visit on memorial day weekend, which made my day.

when i went to get coffee just now, the cashier unexpectedly told me it was on the house. as i stopped by the biochem office, there was pizza (that i shared with quynh), some sort of apple dessert (that i didn't share quite so much) and chocolate (that i tossed to tessa) waiting for me. amazing!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I unexpectedly woke up at 6am, as well! The sun was gorgeous, but it did scare me at first because I thought I had overslept.