Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!

What a perfect New Year's to celebrate with friends who have become family. I saw Futty briefly before she kindly drove me to the bus stop. Then I met up with Savita and Aarati before we got ready in S's apt. Manan came up and we met up with Jun and his friends on the train to NYC. We went to Karen's where we were reunited with Meera, Karen and Steph! The Three Olives cake batter vodka was phenomenal. Then we went to Florine's and caught up with so many familiar faces. At 11:30, we hopped in cab to Stuy Town to meet up with Jason. It was really awkward to be surrounded by people we didn't know... but it was fun meeting people like Joe and Dominique. New year kisses were kissed and we found ourselves at Artichoke before going back to sleep. I woke up in a fetal position next to Savita, and I'm not sure if I moved at all the entire night. The next day, we woke up at 1 pm and ate at Tops diner. Savita and I met up with Kenny and Rob for seafood and steak with cakebread wine. Delicious. Then we met up with Joe, Aarati, and Rohini at the Standard biergarten before heading to Gaslight.

I had an amazing night dancing and talking to everyone. Coming back to Hanover was difficult to do.

Today, as I lamented the appearance of my hypertrophic scars, Joe O'Donnell told me that they were beautiful, that they were a part of who I am. What a wonderful sentiment.

No comments: