Wednesday, May 26, 2010

at times when i get sad, i just want to be wreckless. i want to be able to push myself to the edge of my comfort zone and feel SOMETHING. yesterday i was disappointed and i just gave myself a stress migraine. i couldn't bear it. i rode my bike home and along the hudson river, there was a truck parked in the middle of my bike lane. to feel so small next to it was a strange feeling. i started to think about our impact on our environment as one single person. who are we to think we can impact change? i guess someone's got to take the initiative.

as i biking, i thought about random things:
the one time someone said to me, "you know, i was ready to believe in love at first sight, but you made it impossible." i just don't think you can like someone based purely on the physical

the one time someone bought me chocolate and a pillow for easter when neither of us was catholic.

the one time a skateboarder ran a red light as i crossed an intersection and said, "watch it lady!" i felt so old

the three times i called 311 because of the beeping noise going on outside my window at 5 am due to construction

and also how things will be very very different when i leave new york next month.

No comments: