Thursday, January 6, 2011

"So give me something to believe...

Cause I am living just to breathe
And I need something more
To keep on breathing for
So give me something to believe"
 -The Bravery

i went to the gym on wed at 6 am. it was the earliest i had woken up in a long time. i did my thing and worked out my abs on the giant bouncy ball. on my way back home, there was this cute older lady running up the hill with her dog. she made an effort to say good morning to me, and that left me in a good mood. we had immuno and on doc. plus, it was the last class with lee witters. he is really inspiring. i appreciate that he discovered ampk, can encourage us to do good in the world, and offer his time and his rare copy of the movie about the discovery of insulin by saying, "we should get a keg, low carb snacks, and watch this movie." the low carb snacks thing was thrown in due to the fact that he had been teaching us about metabolism.

oh man,  throughout the day, it hurt to laugh, stretch, or anything really because of my abs. it was a good sore... but that didn't make it any less painful. menaka and i went to dhmc to study a bit and then i passed at as soon as i got home. i woke up 8 hours later feeling so refreshed. i think i tricked my body into thinking i will stay active though because i have been ravenous every few hours. i need to keep that under control.

No comments: