Wednesday, June 23, 2010

fulfilling my west coast envy

i'm exhausted.

monday, my parents and i drove up to hanover, nh to apartment hunt at 7 am. i found what i needed in a four-bedroom house. unfortunately i will be the only girl living with three boys, but hopefully they will be clean. my neighbors seem nice, and it's a fifteen minute walk away from campus. i look forward to getting a bike up there to peddle. we bought some dartmouth clothes and then had lunch/dinner at molly's. i had the maple glazed salmon and snow peas. my mom had primavera penne and my dad had chicken carbonera linguini. it was delicious. then we drove back and got home around 11 pm. the drive lasted 13.5 hours. the visit itself lasted 2.5, but it was worth it to soak up the crisp new england air.

this morning, i woke up at 4:30 am after going to bed at 1ish and drove my parents and me to laguardia via the gps. it was straight forward and i got us there in an hour and 45 minutes, right on time for my flight to my connecting flight to denver, co via frontier airlines. i never heard of them. it was a little sketchy. then i flew into san francisco. the bay was seafoam green and i could see the golden gate bridge in the distance. danny came to pick me up and we went food shopping at trader joe's. i have plenty of pita, hummus, bananas, and chunky peanut butter to satisfy any food needs outside of the dining with staff. i met the senior staff and my fellow RAs. everyone is really nice and friendly, i look forward to getting to know them better and for the high school students to arrive. tonight, we went to raleigh's to eat. i had a veggie burger topped with cucumber, hummus, bean sprouts and tomato AFTER nachos. the large mug of hot green tea warmed me up. and then katie and i shared a cheesecake and strawberry frozen yogurt twist before a bunch of us went to blake's for a beer to chat and occasionally glance at the world cup game going on. korea was up 2-1 against nigeria from the last i saw. i had the pear cider, it was DELICIOUS and light and bubbly.

tomorrow, we're going to have an outing to watch the game at 6:30 am. i may or may not be up then, but it would be a good time to watch the us play. we'll see....

No comments: