Sunday, June 13, 2010

the unconscious

i just woke up from a dream. it was so gloomy. first, i dreamt i was the one asian/ethnic person at dartmouth and nobody wanted to be my friend. then i dreamt i was talking to my friend who told me she didn't have time to talk, so i should shoot her an e-mail. there were more bits and pieces of various scenarios, but they were all just as sad. it's probably indicative of how amazing and comfortable this past year has been. i just don't want to start over... my friends i have now are the best. we'll seeeeeeee, i should be more open but change is hard.

i just got my order form for my otoscope, stethoscope, tuning fork, and reflex hammer. i'll need these medical supplies for when i go meet patients! i'm so excited... except it's steep. i wonder if it'll balance out in the form of groceries. i told my mom that while i have been wandering around, i've kept busy and haven't eaten as much when she told me i looked skinnier (doubtful though, it's only been a week since these "changes" occurred). she told me to "keep it up" and my dad shoved a plate in my face and told me to eat more. i think that's why i unconsciously have more guy friends sometimes.

last night was really funny. i woke up from phi's couch and said goodbye to sharon since phi already left in the early am to catch a flight. i met up with meera, anj and gary to get dunkin' donuts. i had a bagel with peanut butter. yum. and then gary went to the bbq fair at madison square park and meera went to a restaurant in tribeca with her parents. anj and i hung out watching america's next top model - guessing who would be eliminated. so bad, but so good. i met up with gloria in the upper west side not too long after and we went from crowded bar to crowded bar trying to watch the fifa world cup game between the us and the uk. we ended up at uno's of all places. it was AWESOME. i can't believe the uk scored so soon, but that green let that goal for the us slip through his fingers. as i got from ken's away: "hey england, your goalie is as leaky as your oil rigs." before we knew it, it was almost 6! so i went to meera's to hang out and play with my new ipod touch. it's amazing. if you have any app suggestions, please let me know. i prefer free - but i'm considering shelling out $40 for the netter's anatomy app. it seems really sweet. i made my way to evolution to meet up with emily, meg, and aman for a free open bar. after a few watered down vodka sodas, emily and i went to arlo, one and one and decided time would be better spent eating. so we got chips and snacked before meeting up with meera. then... we just went home haha so meera picked up chicken and rice from her block and we fell asleep to the perfect man. i think i had a dreamless night since it was so familiar, so comfortable.

No comments: