Sunday, June 27, 2010

go bezerkley!

these past two days have been a lot of fun. yesterday i woke up early and went to the gym. i love having such easy access. then we ordered sandwiches for lunch but i had my leftover taco salad from burritas so i ate that instead. man, having buckets of chocolate and laffy taffy around me will certainly be my downfall. we went over administrative stuff and then for dinner, we went out. john, jess and i walked around music stores and book stores. there was a shakespeare & co. like the one in new york on broadway around washington place. i bought an "authorized edition" of the jungle book by kipling and a kerouac book... it was most appropriate. then we went to blake's and i stole some french fries from jess and john. we met up with natalie, katie, al, mallory and keara before going into a pub. it was really fun to just chat and hang before the kids arrive. we got back around 1:30-2 and as i brushed my teeth and washed my face. with suds still lathered on my cheeks, john, al and katie came to catch me up on my youtube haha. it was funny.

today, i did not wake up early. since we went to bed at like 3, i just woke up at the last possible moment before being late. i had blueberry poptarts from tj's and a banana. so good. natalie and i sat in the sun for a while and then we all worked on the monster calendar as well as staff photo stuff. for dinner we ordered from zachary's, which has the most amazing deep-dish pizzas. i had a red stripe to go with it, it was a perfect dinner. i moved into my room D from A and then finished hanging the door tags. now we're watching 500 days of summer. i LOVE that movie... sigh, i have to be ready at 7:45 am to go to sfo and pick up some students. i'm pretty pumped to get this ball rolling... it still boggles my mind: has it really only been five days since i've been here?

No comments: