Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the yellow submarines.

so today was good. i woke up late and read stiff, by mary roach in the sun until our 10 am meeting. then at like 11:30 am, i ate with natalie, john, keara, and some of the students. at 12:30 pm i had office hours until 1:30's meeting which ended in 10 minutes. i finished my office hours at 3 pm. at that time, i walked with keara and mallory to walgreens and random stores. i bought two dresses. and i looooove them. then i took a nap before going to dinner with jess and katie. keara and alterrell joined us later and then we had a 7:30 pm meeting... it was a good time, though my girls are late and i don't know how to stress that it's important NOT to be late. we prepped for Color Wars and i lead the yellow team: the yellow submarines :) i loved my group! they were pretty enthusiastic, but sometimes there are debbie downers, like one particular student. it was tough to hear him spread pessimism. i guess it was an improvement to see that he was having fun, but putting a front. we had check in at 11 pm. curfew. what is their curfew is my curfew. sometimes i wonder what i just got myself into... high school students are mad difficult.

anyway, the only thing that worries me is that although each and every girl on my floor is spectucular - they are all so different. it's hard for me to figure out how to plan events for them when their interests are 180 degrees apart. at least i have my fellow RAs, they are pretty stellar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time! enjoy!

David

Anonymous said...

... Lebowitz

Helen said...

Come visit me anytime, David :)