Wednesday, June 2, 2010

wash, rinse, repeat

on monday, i moved out of my apt. before doing so, i went to the gym in my building for the last time. i went to brooklyn with emily to hearst's bbq. we had hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, italian pasta salad and an asian pasta salad with mixed berry pie. it was so great to just chill with everyone. there were sudden outbursts of downpour but all in all, we had a lot of fun. yesterday, i ate some spare ribs that my mom made and ginger shrimp for dinner. jena came over and we chatted about our lives. when i went for a run today, i noticed the lilac bush had lost its flowers. i noticed a bird flying by me was super flat, like a paper plane. i noticed that only some of the blocks on the streets had sidewalk, something i didn't notice when i would drive by in a car. it was really peaceful with the squirrels and birds roaming around all over the place. i had moo shu vegetable that my mom made with pancakes and hoisin sauce for lunch. it was so good. then for dinner, i had some meat and vegetables. of course, i had to top it off with cadbury chocolate with fruit and nut and haagen dazs strawberry ice cream. yum.

life in surburbia has made me tired. since moving out of my apt, i have felt a little sad about not being in the hustle and bustle of the city. although my sleep has been deeper and more rejuvenating, i miss nyc. i've unpacked all my things and repacked them for california in a few weeks and for medical school in august. i read. i watched movies. hot tub time machine is super funny. i really like john cusack as an actor, he's so awesome. the back up plan was predictable but really cute. alex o'loughlin is super handsome, and reminded me some people can be trusted. i think that's a big issue i have... letters to juliet was heartwarming and reminds you that feelings are unpredictable and surprising. i think i have had my fill of movies for a really long time (though satc2, the a-team, and grown ups are on my queue).

No comments: