Sunday, September 12, 2010

"My heart stops when you look at me. Just one touch, now baby I believe"

As I am studying, I chance upon this cardio physiology question:

12) If a majority of organs that in sum determine total peripheral resistance all release local vasodilator metabolites simultaneously then MAP will fall and no single organ will receive the flow needed. In this situation, the cardiovascular system as a whole will:
A) Give up
B)  Decrease sympathetic activity to resistance vessels
C)  Increase parasympathetic activity to heart and resistance vessels
D)  Increase cardiac output
B) Promote fluid intake.

After reading A, I laughed out loud. I'm glad that our professors have a sense of humor. These past couple of days have been rough. Yesterday, I woke up and had breakfast in the form of a slice of toast with peanut butter, a spinach pancake and Quaker Oats granola bars and studied until 1 pm, went to the gym, showered, ate lunch (I need to go grocery shopping... crackers and Healthy Choice vegetable noodle soup does not a lunch make), and resumed studying. It's hard to believe 9/11/01 was nine years ago. I remember Kate walking up the stairs at TRN as I went down them telling me about the airplanes. I didn't believe her. When I went home, I watched the repeating news footage, shocked and with eyes watering. I believe the families shouldn't feel like their loss isn't important, but religious freedom is also a priority. Pastor Jones is such a disgrace. I'm shocked when people say the terrible things they say... because they say them with the same freedom other people deserve.

At 7, I had dinner (Healthy Choice vegetable rice soup) and then met up with Chris at the library. We went to the third floor where there was a free room with a white board. I loved drawing. He left at 10, and as I went to the bathroom, I ran into Amit, who joined me in studying. We went over some CTO and biochemistry. Then, he drove me home in his beautiful Infiniti coup. As I came home, Robert and Wes were chillin in our living room. They let me practice listening to their hearts and calculating their heart rates.

Is it 10 am tomorrow yet?

No comments: