Friday, September 24, 2010

"The recommendation of Wellesley had come from her older brothers, who had assured her parents that Wellesley women were not thought of loosely and were considered high in marriage potential."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
---
I always take responsibility for my actions. I admit it is relatively new in my life. However, when I choose to party over study, it's my decision. I will suffer the consequences because I chose to do one thing over another. Just like I choose my friends and my friends choose me. We're at the age where you don't need to be friends with everyone. Everyone deserves cordiality of course, but hardly a lunch or a dinner or any more time than either of you wish to give to the other.

The way I become friends with people is by interaction. I love being near people. I love hugs. I love laughing. I love hanging out and being ourselves. When I no longer feel that comfort, I tend not to stay. I tend not to make future plans. I just tend not to put myself in positions I feel judged.

Neither should you. Life is way too short to second guess yourself. Just because someone is more of an expert than you in one field doesn't mean that person is better than you at something else. You shouldn't spend a single second feeling bad about yourself because that was what ages 13-19 were for. That's over. That's done. We can feel good in our skin, and choose to be around people who make us feel good.

Currently making: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mango-coconut-rice-recipe/index.html
---
"Jenny felt that her education was merely a polite way to bide time, as if she were really a cow, being prepared only for the insertion of the device for artificial insemination."

No comments: