Monday, September 27, 2010

"She liked the simple, no-nonsense uniform; the blouse of the dress made less of her breasts; the shoes were comfortable, and suited to her fast pace of walking."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
---
This morning I woke up with the sky still dark. I did not want to awake yet. Trying to fall back asleep, I uncomfortably nestled back into my bed with one pillow too low for my neck and two pillows too high. I eventually got up at 6 am, and groggily looked over anatomy before my quiz. It was unfortunate that I could look out and watch the sky lighten, but instead opted to focus the books and notes illuminated by superficial lighting. I felt that the quizzes were fair, but I probably will never understand cardio physiology. Saving broken hearts is not in the cards for me.

Post-quiz, going to the gym provided much needed stress-relief, while I watched depressing news so I guess it balanced out.

On a side note:
Don't you hate getting nervous around someone so much that you cannot articulate your words?
---
"When she was at the night desk, she could still read."

No comments: