Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"She was an athletic-looking young woman who always had high color in her cheeks; she had dark, glossy hair and what her mother called a mannish way of walking (she swung her arms), and her rump and hips were so slender and hard that, from behind, she resembled a young boy."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
---
Today I got to class on time and sat in the middle, sandwiched between Chris and Kai. I looked down to see wet spots on the ground... and realized that MY COFFEE SPILLED IN MY BAG AGAIN.
-My water bottle has opened before, but my sleeve saved my macbook. My planner was ruined.
-My thermos has opened before, ruining my BRAND NEW NETTER'S ATLAS AND LAB BOOKS
-Today, my thermos opened and ruined my cardio phys book... and gave my notebook an unpleasant brown border on the bottom edge. (I know... I won't bring liquids anymore....)

Ryan put back my clicker for me. Keith waited for me before we walked to our neighboring On Doc classes together. I later found out that Chris went to the bathroom and got me paper towels. <3

On Doc was ok. By the end, I felt claustrophobic. Maybe it was the windowless room. Maybe it was the stalled conversation. Maybe it was the something else. I left as soon as Dr. O said we could, and then I sat outside on a bench to get some air. I went home when the DMS interviewee I am hosting arrived. I gave her a map to explore Hanover and I went to the gym. I might be a terrible host, but Su, M, W, F are my days for the gym... a priority! I ran and lifted before talking to Ryan for a bit and then Keith for a bit. At 8, Chris, Edmund, Kenoma, Menaka, Derek, Joe, Shirley and I went to Molly's for dinner. I had the black bean burger with avocado. SO GOOD. I also stole some bites of Derek's Magical Brownie or whatever it was. BEST DINNER EVER.

I found out someone lied to me. I always figure that the reasons you can't are your own... and it is good enough for me. It's much better to hear that to hear you've been deceived. :(
---
"In Jenny's opinion, her breasts were too large she thought the ostentation of her bust made her look 'cheap and easy.'"

No comments: