Monday, September 20, 2010

"This was shortly after the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor and people were being tolerant of soldiers, because suddenly everyone was a soldier, but Jenny Fields was quite firm in her intolerance of the behavior of men in general and soldiers in particular."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

I feel that quoting a couple sentence every day might be the only way to read the book, I can never quite justify prioritizing the book over my studies. Today I tried to wake up at 6 am and I wanted to snooze for 5 minutes... my body wanted to snooze for a 100 minutes; its will was stronger than mine. I was about 30 minutes late to class and got to sit in the right side of the auditorium (in fear of being seen by the professors who sit on the left) with Ryan, Keith and Brenda. It was nice to learn about cardio physio with them as I gchatted with Emily, Chris and Edmund. I went to the Academic Success seminar (which reminded me that I should prioritize, i.e. NOT GCHAT with Emily, Chris, and Edmund) with Julia and then to the Family Med Interest Group (which successfully lured me in with white cheese pizza) and then to the library to hash out the details with Jessie, Amit and Sarah. Then I studied HAE until I went to the gym for a good run and a bit of arms work out. I went home to shower and Chris picked me up to go to Dr. Brennick's house for dinner and a swing dance lesson. The bean salad with carrots was so good. The fruit was so fresh. The bread with cheese was so satiating. Mmm, what a great dinner. The dance room in their house was amazing, and Chris and I were giggling as we tried learning awkwardly. The car ride home was great, we always have so much in common to talk about - especially when it comes to whom we are attracted. Teeheeee.

---
"In the movie theater she had to move three times, but each time the solider moved closer to her until she was siting against the must wall, her view of the newsreel almost blocked by some silly colonnade, and she was resolved she would not get up and move again."

No comments: