Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Menaka!

I woke up feeling like I stepped into a scene of the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Outside was beautiful, but I was seriously contemplating skipping class. However, Sir Lyons was scheduled to lecture about the anterior leg, and how could I resist?

HAE was good, minus Bijan. I love the ability to hold something concretely and understand how it originates, inserts and works a motion. I really enjoyed working with Quynh and Dan; we have a good flow to our group. Anatomy is the only class I really understand right now. I think I'll change my mind when I get to the head and neck. Biochemistry is always hit or miss. I have never heard someone say phosphorylate, de-phosphorylate, phosphorylase, phosphatase and other similar sounding words in a 10 minute span before. I didn't get much out of it. Immuno was... immuno. I don't think the professor understands how tone can put someone off. The way he speaks to us seems so condescending...

Small group was cool, I like hearing my peers speak so knowledgeably. Makes me feel that I, too, can someday do the same (which I will have to do in about four weeks).

It's always unexpectedly refreshing to hear someone use profanity in an educational setting - especially when we admit that we don't know: "For fuck's sake - you're the doctors." Don't give us so much credit. Actually, we're not... we're pretty useless right now.

No comments: