Sunday, December 5, 2010

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
-Robert Frost

Studying is such a chore. Don't get me wrong, I love learning and knowing what we are being taught. It is just so mentally draining, and I get so hungry all. the. time. Anyway, immunology is on my agenda today - let's see what sense I can make out of it.

So I got to thinking about expectations.

The thing is, I admire humility in people. Pride is such a turnoff that I find it hard to be in the same conversation with an arrogant person unless I make light of what they're saying. If I ever do this, I sincerely hope you bring it to my attention.

Expectations are a funny thing. You expect something as if you deserve it. Isn't that also presumptuous and arrogant? I have come to terms with not having any expectations.

Dove Chocolate: You are invited to relax today.

No comments: