Thursday, December 9, 2010

"You have diabetes. Or down syndrome. Or a broken arm."

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8l8_G_ce_Q
 -courtesy of Yike

It will change your life. 

Today I talked to my mama on my way to school. I like those 15 minutes a few mornings a week to catch up on life and to let her know I am taking care of myself (sorta). Biochemistry moved way fast today and I was a bit tired to pay attention. I skipped immunology for the library and learned some things. I grabbed some pizza before Justin drove me to Alice Peck Day for my preceptorship. I really enjoy working with the physician I shadow and learn from, she's really understanding and tries to include my interests with each day. :)

I took the bus home. Thank you Jocelyn for talking on the phone as I waited for it in the blistering cold. From DHMC, Marco, David and Natsu hopped on so the rest of the ride was easy peasy. Walking home from the Field House dropoff, however, was not. My feet were RED when I got home so I hopped in a warm shower to defrost. I tried to nap after eating (I was ravenous and unsatiable - I figured it was better to just lay down). I got up 30 minutes later without knowing if I fell asleep or not. I am so out of it these days. I can't wait until the weekend when I don't have to do anything but study and sleep and eat.