Friday, December 24, 2010

with a splash of milk and a hint of cinnamon

today my mom and i went to starbucks. i got my tall cup of christmas blend; i ordered her a tall peppermint mocha. as she paid for it, she dropped her money into the fridge with the sandwiches on display. dave probably got his basketball skills from her because the fall was so precise it slipped through the fan grate. i could see a lot of icky stuff in there, but i simply could not retrieve it. the poor high school cashier tried to clear the whole shelf but couldn't get to it. he brought out a vacuum but couldn't suck it out. the best part was that both the workers and the other customers were super patient. eventually i just paid for it and pleaded with my mother to forget about the $20. she was appalled at my suggestion. then as i waited for my credit card, the other starbucks worker handed me the missing money. i don't know how she got to it, but it almost made the 15 minutes of awkwardness worth it. almost.

my mom was smitten, especially since she got her money back AND got me to pay for her drink haha.

No comments: