Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Cindy!

Today I woke up without the alarm clock and got ready to go into NYC. I packed all my things and got my new running sneakers on (to break them in and to take up less space) to depart TR for Hanover. This time around, I remembered to bring my retainer and thought about my first and last surgery, which was at the dentist's. He had implanted a crown (I was born without an adult tooth and the baby was coming out) but it didn't fit perfectly. He started to file down the tooth complimentary to the fake one, which I didn't want. I flinched but he only asked if I was hurt. I said no, but was unable to tell him that I wanted him to stop destroying my tooth. My dentist had no idea that I didn't want him to file down my tooth to make the implant fit into my bite. He never asked what I wanted. I feel that as a doctor, as a lawyer, or as any person working with a consumer, you need to ask what that person's priorities are. I have ignored his e-mail reminders to come in for teeth cleanings and check ups. I just resent the fact that I never spoke my mind and that he never made me comfortable enough to tell him how I felt.

I guess, it was a good example of miscommunication leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Lately, I have been trying to say exactly how I feel in the moment. I like holding people responsible for their actions and would like to be held responsible for mine. It is nice to say what you feel without worrying about how you'll be perceived because you know these people only have the best intentions for you.

Roadtripping with Amit was awesome. I don't even remember what we talked about (mostly how much we love and miss NYC I think), but time flew by as we flew by the surrounding scenery.

No comments: