Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"'You been dating this guy long?' the first one asked her, en route to the precinct station."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

on repeat: Gwyneth Paltrow's cameo on Glee

So last night, I didn't go out to eat, Tessa offered to drive me home and we talked about some non-medical school related things, which was a delight. I had a veggie burger with spinach and rice before walking back to school to catch some UV light from the SAD lamp and then studying with Keith in the conference room about the abdomen. He drove me home. This morning, I studied some embryology with Nick at Umpleby's (unlimited coffee refills!) before I went to DHMC to meet with Dr. Bartlett. We had a good time talking about respiratory physiology - something I kind of remember. Then I went to the 7th floor conference room with Menaka, Yike, Ken and David. It was a lot of fun with them, I hope we spend more time together. Then, Menaka just drove me home as we pseudo-studied the embryology of the UG system.

Don't you just hate when you can't articulate the words you want to say without seeming too revealing of something - one way or another. On the one hand, if you tell the truth, you can just end up flat on your face. If you lie by omission, you will never really know if things would have gone your way. But at the end of the day - you won't really know until you try, will you?
---
"And another one asked her, later, 'But how did you know he was going to attack you? He says he was just trying to introduce himself."

No comments: