Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yesterday I left Jess's place and walked up to NYU Med to donate blood. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the blood donation center there. Actually, just for the hard-ass blond lady who cracks a smile every once in awhile. I went up to 41st and Park to meet up with Kenny at his firm for lunch. We went to O Cafe on 40th and Lex (I think) and I got a mesclun salad with beets, mushrooms, feta, olives, tomato and egg whites. We chatted about his gf, work, and NY while I contributed to the conversation with medical school and living in ruralism. Then I went to Union Square and met up with Ken and we walked around while he let me hold onto his arm whilst I was feeling woozy from the blood donation. There is always good conversation about music, movies and other miscellaneous things with him. Then, we went to the Community Lab event at Skirball about racial profiling for a hot second to pick up my comped tickets from Phi and to say hi. Always a pleasure to see you, Pheebs. Then I met up with Emily and we went back to our old apartment. I met her new roommates and we just chatted before falling asleep in her bed. I miss living in Manhattan. More importantly, I miss living with Emily in Manhattan.

Today, I woke up and watched Glee before heading up to the Cosi on 8th Street to hang out with Natalie and Jorge. I saw JESS there coincidentally, and it was awesome because I had just seen her the morning before. We went back to Jorge's office, and Natalie, Jorge, Liam, Marcos and I chatted a long while before I went to meet Steph. We went to Starbucks on Astor until I went to meet Florine at Boka's on St. Marks for drinks. I was not satisfied with the service. NOT ONE BIT. Anyway, we parted ways before I met up with Parrish at the Starbucks on Astor! haha there again... and I got to catch up with my little freshman who is now a junior! Crazy. It's always nice to hear about people doing well :)

Now I am off to Jordan's for book club before getting on the bus to my home. My goodness, I have missed my family (while they have been running around in the Southern Californian sunshine without me!!!).

No comments: