Monday, November 8, 2010

"It was this cap she removed when the soldier moved into the seat beside her and stretched his arm along the armrest they were (absurdly) meant to share."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
Quiz 6 done.
I love how some people can take one look at you know what you need. Like today - with come hither hand gestures and a big hug. That makes me happy. I then went to the gym and ran a few laps. Sleep deprivation kept me at a slow pace but at least I finished my workout.

Around noon, I met up with Nicole at Umpleby's for lunch - the french onion soup is so good! Her house salad looked yummy, too - I love small cafes and good company - but when you put them TOGETHER??! Amazing. Nicole, you have so many great qualities I admire, especially your sense of optimism and happiness despite it being an imperfect world.

Then, I went to class and afterward, sat in front of the SAD lamp for 20 minutes. Eventually, I went with Chris, Paul and Regina to our last dance class! I loved seeing everyone dressed up - all dancing to songs ranging from classical foxtrot to Lady Antebellum's Need You Now.
---
"His long hand dangled off the end of the armrest; it twitched like the flank of a horse shuddering the flies away. Jenny kept her hand on the scalpel inside her purse; with her other hand, she held the purse tightly in her white lap. She was imagining that her nurse's uniform shone like a holy shield, and for her some perverse reason this vermin beside her had been attracted by her light."

No comments: