Thursday, November 11, 2010

"'Oh, come on,' the soldier moaned, and his hand shot quickly under her uniform; he found her thighs locked together--he found his whole arm, from his shoulder to his wrist, suddenly sliced open like a soft melon."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
(note: This is just the continuation of quotation from the book, I am not thinking these thoughts... nor using them as a representation of what I'm feeling...)
Yesterday was productive, kind of. I had woken up and gone to CTO lab to learn about the histology of the male reproductive system. Then I went to Dirt Cowboy to meet up with Nick and Ashley for a bit since we didn't have On Doc (it is postponed until further notice). I had a coffee with milk and a long almond biscotti that I dunked. Yum. Then I went to DHMC to meet up with Dr. Bartlett. He is really awesome and kind. Then I went to HAE lab to re-learn the back and upper extremity with June, Kai, Jyothi and Jeanie. It was productive with them, really thorough and engaging, too. Then I went to retake some CTO quizzes and then went home smelling of paraformaldehyde. I showered and passed out for a couple of hours before resuming my studies. I did not get through as much as I had hoped, but there is only so much time in a day - and I am going to start putting my sleep as a priority.

I'm taking deep breaths and taking one day at a time.

---
"Henny had cut cleanly through his insignia and his shirt, cleanly through his skin and muscles, baring his bones at the joint of his elbow. ('If I'd wanted to kill him,' she told the polic, later, 'I'd have slit his wrist. I'm a nurse. I know how people bleed.')"

No comments: