Friday, November 5, 2010

"It was a simple procedure that could force as much as one hundred cc's of fluid up the penis and through the surprised urethra before it all came back, but the procedure left everyone feeling a bit raw."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
Learning material on the Friday before our Monday quizzes is stressful. I went to lecture a bit late, but was happy to have a seat saved for me by Keith - extra clicker in hand. Learning about the urogenital triangle was interesting... I appreciate the gender differences a bit more. In lab, Bijan, Dan, Quynh and I were a bit frustrated about the attention our professor seems to give everyone else but us. Oh well - at least Dr. J.Lyons had a huge pelvic model where we learned about the organ, nerve, and membrane layers. A few small children could fit into it, and I would like to make my own hahah - let me know if you're interested in helping me with this endeavor.

Lunch was good, I had a Morning Star veggie burger with whole wheat bread and chocolates for dessert. I got to sit near Quynh though we didn't have much time to chat. I read through some biochemistry and worked on the problem set before class. Then, I studied physio before going to the HAE review. It was a bit overwhelming because I haven't had the time to go through the material of the urogenital triangle... considering we just learned it this morning. I went to the gym and took a couple physiology quizzes. I passed! We'll see how I do on Monday.
---
"The man who invented a device for this method of treatment was named Valentine, and his device was called the Valentine irrigator. Long after Dr. Valentine's irrigator was improved, or replaced with another irrigation device, the nurses at Boston Mercy still referred to the procedure as the Valentine treatment--an appropriate punishment for a lover, thought Jenny Fields."

No comments: