Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"The other peter treatment was local and also required a lot of fluid."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

Today I woke up groggily to a gray sky with little snow flakes falling out of it. When I walked to class, I could see my breath and the blanketing frost on the grass. The dullness was contrasted by the remaining yellow and orange leaves on the deciduous trees that were holding their own in this war of attrition with winter. It was something out of an oil painting of a rural scene.

Class was really interesting. I enjoy biochemistry with Dr. Compton teaching the most, and I enjoy physiology with Dr. Manning teaching the most. On Doc was fun, as Dr. O'Donnell palpated my abdomen, I could not help giggling out of control - especially when he was scratching along my side trying to hear the inferior border of my liver through the stethoscope. I enjoyed lunch with Ken and Paul. Paul gave me grapes, cuts of apple, triscuits, peanut butter and Halloween-themed Oreos. It was good enough of a lunch for me. I went to the library and studied until I could not focus. I worked out, but before doing so I had a five second conversation with Dave who helped me put my rose colored glasses back on. It could be better, but it could be worse. Then went home to clean my bathroom and take out the recyclables. Living with three boys can be hella difficult, but at the same time - I really like them.
---
"Jenny frequently assisted with this method of disinfecting, because the patient required lots of attention at the time; sometimes, in fact, he needed to be held."