Friday, November 19, 2010

"'Both,' Garp wrote, 'were of the opinion that the practice of law was vulgar, but the study of if was sublime."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

[7:17 am] IT IS SNOWING.

In 43 minutes: Physio. Me. The last round.

I hope we can co-exist...

[10:43 am] I AM DONE. I AM DONE. I AM DONE. I hope I passed. Let the vegging out and sleep compensation begin!

[a little bit later than that] I just got the best e-mail of the semester. All my fears have been vanquished and it is all due to one man and his incredible support despite my desperate attempts to succeed.

Jocelyn came over and we hung out for a bit before Chris drove her to Harry Potter. Dinner with Robert, Wes, Dan and Jonathon was a good time. We had potatoes and spinach and the boys had chicken whilst sipping on an assortment of beers. Dan drove me to Wendy's and we got FROSTIES. It was awesome.
---
"They were not so comforting when they came.
'Break your mother's heart,' said one.
'If you'd only stayed at Wellesley,' said the other.
'A girl alone has to protect herself,' Jenny said. 'What could be more proper?'"

No comments: