Monday, November 22, 2010

"The times are a-changin'..."

-Bob Dylan

Waking up Saturday morning was difficult. It was the morning after going to a third year party with Erin, Chris, Kenoma, and Justin, which was entertaining after Ryan came and after I started talking to Chelsea. Chris drove me home and Robert, Wes, Danny, Phil, Andrew and their other friend came home from Murphy's shortly after to spend some QT together. As I got ready to walk to the Hanover Inn, Wes was leaving and offered to drive me and we greeted the three guys crashing in our living room before leaving. I arrived to see Omar and Brittany at the station and we all chatted. Justin joined the bus in Lebanon, and we arrived in Boston two hours later. Justin and I got some food at D'Angelo's. I ordered a vegetable quesadilla and a New England clam chowder. Then arriving in New York, I met up with Kenny and we went to Bar Basque on 6th Ave and 30th Street. The mood was swanky and I enjoyed the vino rojo that that bartender recommended. Kenny had scotch, per usual. We ordered tapas and they were delicious, though I don't know if I would ever willingly pay $6.50 for a bite of fish. The bathrooms were black, red and chrome... something like out of an Iron Man movie. Then, I hopped on the PATH to Newark and hung out with Savita and Meera for the first time since my birthday party. We had dinner at Sushi Palace with Saad and then went back to Savita's apartment to talk in bed. It was so easy. I miss them on the daily.

Sunday morning, we got driven back to Newark Penn. I arrived in the city at 10 am. I went to Starbucks (Hanover doesn't have a legit Starbucks....) and then met up with Liz in SoHo. We walked up to Bleecker and Laf to have brunch at the NoHo Star. I ordered the Idaho breakfast: two eggs (sunnyside up), toast, potato pancakes and a side of fresh greens (in replacement of the sausage). Then we meandered around SoHo after Liz got her own cup of coffee. I was pleasantly surprised to discover she also puts cinnamon in her coffee! :) We walked around until my Apple Genius Bar appointment at 1 and got new headphones because mine ceased to work. We meandered up to Washington Square and NYU to FIND OUT THAT THE CONSTRUCTION AT WARREN WEAVER HALL IS DONE in addition to DASHING DIVA, JOHNNY ROCKETS, AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF STORES AND RESTAURANTS HAVE CLOSED. We continued walking until we reached the West Village where we went to Yogurtland off Bleecker and Morton somewhere and FOUND OUT IT WAS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT after Liz bought some stuff at American Apparel. Sad. I got some pumpkin and strawberry froyo with a dusting of graham cracker and blueberries. Then, we walked to Union Square to check out the holiday market. I FOUND OUT THAT THE V HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THE M AS WE WALKED BY THE 14TH ST/7TH AVE SUBWAY STATION. After that, we went to Barnes and Nobles so I could check out the book for Book Club. Love is a Four-Letter Word did not seem very good... so we browsed through Post Secrets: Life, Death and God. So amazing. Then she met up with her boyfriend and I met up with Jess at Stern. At 6:30, I headed to the 8th Street/Broadway uptown NRQ (NOT W, which HAS STOPPED RUNNING) station. Ken met me at the stop and we walked around Williamsburg until we went back to the apartment to watch TiMER and eat the chocolate peanut butter cookies he made. Both were perfect. At 10ish, I headed back into the city and went to Jess's apartment and chilled out over girl talk, the conversation - not the music. At least spending time with these people feel the same; I'm grateful for this constant.

No comments: