Saturday, October 9, 2010

"As a nurse, Jenny saw little use for the hot-water bottle; she assumed it to be a touching, odd device of old-fashioned and largely psychological comfort."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

it's kinda funny how we want things that are inaccessible to us and then take them for granted when we obtain them.

or how things totally suck while you are in the moment doing them, but in hindsight, it was pretty awesome you did it.

or you play a conversation in your head a million times, and you finally figure out the perfect responses to what you could have said - not that you will ever have that chance again.

"I say Hey I'll be gone today
But I'll be back all around the way
It seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
The less I know
But I know one thing
That I love you"

-Michael Franti and Spearhead
who was at the Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA. I got to attend the concert indirectly as the music spilled over to the Cal campus
---
"But some of the packages made it back to her small room near Boston Mercy Hospital."

No comments: