Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Jenny Fields was five before she saw her father's bathroom."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

At the cafe in Baker-Berry Library, I ordered a large vegetable chili soup and a small coffee. I handed the cashier my credit card, but he said that they only accepted cash or Dartmouth cards. I fumbled with my coin purse and dropped everything on the ground. My IDs, metrocard (for nostalgic purposes), credit cards, and coins all scattered everywhere. As I gathered my belongings, the guy behind me asked if I was getting "just this?". When I confirmed, he handed the cashier his card and paid for me along with his purchases. I was stunned and amazed and felt that whatever bad things I was feeling at the moment weren't quite so bad.

Wow.
---
"She tracked it down one morning by following the scent of her father's cologne."

No comments: