Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Most peter treatment that Jenny saw was done to soldiers."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
This weekend was amazing. Friday night was homecoming, the bonfire was so great and enormous. I got to watch it in the presence of great people with whom I could laugh, hug and share body heat. Special thanks to Quynh, David and Nick haha. Then we went to Dewey Lot and hopped on a yellow school bus. We went to the Coolidge Hotel in WRJ. Good job distributing bracelets, Julia and Chris :)

The red wine was tasty and the DJ was awesome. I had a lot of fun dancing around - the sillier, the better. At midnight, we hopped back on the bus and I hung out at Nick's with the host, Ashley, Quynh and Jo Ling. It was awesome to sit around and talk about nothing in particular but have an amazing time. There was a cameo by Dan, which was stellar. Then at 2 am, Quynh drove me home before we met up again in the morning to the NP tailgating party. (Sadly, Dartmouth lost to Harvard). I had a veggie burger with an assortment of chips and carrots. Yum. I went to the library with Keith and eventually Chris. We got through a lot of interesting things - medical school related and not. Then my roommates convinced me to go out with then and we went to the Canoe Club. Wesley and Robert bought me a Allagash White beer each, and my verdict is that it is gingery and delicious.

This morning, I went with Wes to Price Chopper and bought ingredients to bake a pumpkin pie. It turned out spectacularly. If you ever find yourself in face of a watery batter, have no fear - it still comes out super wonderfully. Then tonight, we had our final dance lesson at our professor's house. Next week is our pseudo-semi-formal :) I just came back from the gym with a better mentality and an optimism for the week. Every day is a new day, as Emily wisely told me.
---
"The U.S. Army would not begin to benefit from the discovery of penicillin until 1943, and there were many soldiers who didn't get penicillin until 1945. At Boston Mercy, in the early days of 1942, peters were usually treated with sulfa and arsenic."

No comments: