Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Each time she saw her brothers, her mother, and her father, they were more uncomfortable in one another's presence."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving
The sky was cloudy and gray, but hearing the wind outside through the trees was calming. The comparison of being safe and warm inside my room as the trees swayed unstably seemed to remind me how nice it is to have a place to call home. I went to the gym, but it was really difficult. I had a great lunch and did some studying and television watching (30 Rock!). I napped and then went to Ryan's in Lebanon with Chris. I can't get enough of Bailey's on ice (that's a lie, it is possible to drink too much Bailey's - but that limit was not reached today). We played Kings and nibbled on Megan's dark chocolate with dried ginger. I also had Julia's cake that we baked last night, which I hadn't tried - yum.

Tomorrow we're going to Hanover's lactating tree! I'm pretty stoked to finally take out my camera and capture the foliage. I don't like the fact that the semester is over in a month. I'm not ready for the semester to be over... but I do think I need to go back into the city sooner rather than later. I miss it.
---
"They were involved in that awkward procedure of getting to unknow each other. That must be how families are, thought Jenny Fields. She felt if she ever children she would love them no less when they were twenty than when they were two; they might need you more at twenty, she though. What do you really need when you're two? In the hospital, the babies were the easiest patients. The older they got, the more they needed; and the less anyone wanted or loved them." [I just wanted to read on a little bit more tonight.]

No comments: