Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"She found a steamy shower stall--quite modern, for 1925--a private toilet, a row of bottles so unlike her mother's bottles that Jenny thought she had discovered the lair of a secret man living undetected in their house for years."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

Sleep deprivation makes me grouchy... and hungry.

Biochemistry - so straight forward. Love it. Ilya, David, Jeanie and I got the Spiderman case which I think went pretty well. Dr. Catlin was nicer to us because we didn't really learn the material yet. Then On Doc, we learned about the eye, nose and neck exams. Keith kindly drove Edmund and me to our On Doc preceptorships in Lebanon. I had shadowed with cases involving drug addiction, depression, chronic pain, cancer survival and URI (with a boy beginning to dabble in legal troubles and drugs). I interviewed a patient and auscultated and took blood pressures. Then I came home and enjoyed a ramen noodle dinner with Paul before taking a nap :)

I feel unprepared for the quizzes coming up on Monday. IT IS ALREADY THE FIFTH ONE. The final is in a month.. and I do not remember what I have learned up to this point. I miss home. I cannot wait to hang out with the people in what seems like my past life. There is definitely running around NYC while drinkind DD with Meera and Savita, eating froyo with Florine, drinking whiskey alone with Emily, and so many other things. Then dinner dates with Amy and Christine plus chick flicks with Kathryn and Jena. So many things to do, so little time - but I am so excited.
---
"In fact, she had.

In the hospital, Jenny knew where everything went --and she was learning the unmagical answers to where almost everything came from."

No comments: