Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"She kept them in a closet, which was nearly full of boses of nursing shoes--also unopened."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

Wow, I finally feel at home here. Grades are finally where I hope they would be and I get a better grasp of what is going on. How I got here? By asking questions - and a lot of them. It does me no good to pretend I know something when it will only get worse as the material builds up on the foundation (that I don't understand). YAY.

Quizzes 4 went by fast so I spent some time outside in the sun. Nothing feels better than the sun on your face after a harsh weekend cramped up in your house. Last night was so much fun - Joling's birthday and our post-quiz #4 party was a blast. And can I mention how delicious strawberry/kiwi cheesecake is? I ate it guilt-free because I had gone to the gym earlier (um... can I say that free food is definitely my downfall...)

Sigh - there is so much information about the abdominals, inguinal and upper GI that I don't know.
---
"She felt detached from her family, and thought it strange how they had lavished so much attention on her, as a child, and then at some appointed, prearranged time they seemed to stop the flow of affection and begin the expectations--as if, for a brief phase, you were expected to absorb love (and get enough), and then, for a much longer and more serious phase, you were expected to fulfill certain obligations."

No comments: