Friday, October 29, 2010

"Few jokes were funny to Jenny Fields, and certainly not this one; no peter jokes for Jenny, who was staying clear of the issue."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

"me:  what are your thoughts?
you could be be the cookie monster
or oscar the grouch
or snooki
 David:  Snooki is like #2 this yr
I should be the guy that punched snooki in the face. Then I can punch all the snookies!"

I loved the start of today. I wore my black sweater and peach skirt to fit in today's Friday theme of wearing black and orange for Halloween. Drs. Fab, V.Lyons, J.Lyons, and Catlin threw candy at us and we got so excited haha. I kind of love the homelessness that is medical school. As I walked down the aisle, I got a big hug from Nick, which always makes me feel better. We took a class picture of those who participated. Then in lab, Bijan, Dan, Quynh and I were pretty efficient and found everything we needed. Dr. J.Lyons came over after Dan and I high fived each other and wanted to participate. To see such a highly esteemed physician who used to be the head of surgery at Mass Gen high-five and pound us made my ENTIRE MONTH. I taught him how to pound and explode out - he lit up, which makes me light up. Dr. V.Lyons quizzed us and collectively, we knew all of the organs and fossas and ligaments in the pelvic cavity. Thank you Dan for saving us with naming the detrusor muscle (the smooth muscle in the bladder), I won't be forgetting that one anytime soon.
---
"She had seen the trouble peters could get into; babies were not the worst of it. Of course she saw people who didn't want to have babies, and they were sad that they were pregnant; they shouldn't have to have babies, Jenny thought--though she mainly felt sorry for the babies who were born. She saw people who wanted to have their babies, too, and they made her want to have one. One day, Jenny Fields though, she would like to have a baby--just one. But the trouble was that she wanted as little to do with a peter as possible, and nothing whatsoever to with a man."

No comments: