Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Jenny frequently met her brothers at the North Station and rode home on the train with them."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving

Today I woke up without the alarm clock. I took my time getting up and ate a hearty breakfast of sauteed spinach with eggs easy over on a slice of whole wheat toast whilst sipping hot black tea. I studied some respiratory physiology before going to the Green to do some reading. It was so nice to have the sun on my face. I think fall is my favorite season, and it may entirely have to do with the changing foliage in New England. At 4, I went to the gym and then made dinner: mango and spinach in coconut rice with a thermos of mint green tea. It was pretty good for a spontaneous concoction. I received an unexpected e-mail and it made me smile from ear to ear. More of me does not want to know, but there is always a little part of me that wishes I can hear what people are thinking.

I wonder how I can finish the mountain of lectures and notes I have yet to look over and over again. After reading some overdue On Doc articles, there is a quote by Norman Rockwell, 

"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it."

and it reminds me to turn off the music, close the facebook window and try to figure out what in the world is going on with this lateral and longitudinal folding in embryology. 
---
"As all members of the Fields family were bidden to do, they rode home on the right-hand side of the Boston and Maine when the train left Boston and sat on the left when they returned."

No comments: