Thursday, October 28, 2010

"'Hospital! Hospital!' he cried."

-The World According to Garp, John Irving


I like days like these. I slept for 11 hours last night. I had felt sleepy and unproductive so I wanted to nap at 8 pm. I never woke up, and I slept through the night until 7 am this morning. I think it was needed. Sometimes I feel like I have been completely sleep deprived with a sheet of tiredness blurring everything I have to do - very much like the Claritin commercials. I felt clearer this morning, like I could sit through lectures, I wanted to talk to people and I felt like the day was something to soak up - rather than to just get through. The ob/gyn who came to talk to us during our core luncheon was amazing. I felt like all her "shortcomings" whether they were her empathy, perfectionist tendencies, or priority of family, were my own and I felt validated in having them. It's just a matter of finding a setting and people that will be opened to them. After class, Keith and I went Halloween shopping. It was a long road, but I think we managed to find some things that work. I had some chats with Emily, Meera, and Savita, which were needed - fyi guys, "Home is whenever I'm with you" and I think that will always be the case. Then Quynh came over for dinner and we talked about a lot of things, and I feel really good to connect to someone so well. It's nice to feel affirmed in a safe space. Above and below are pictures from Occum Pond, poor Paul - I made him point his finger and stay in that position because he had been pointing out the DOC house. I thought it looked adventurous in new terrains or something...

I love autumn.
---
"'The Peter Bent?' the cabby asked. That was the closest hospital. 'It's worse than bent,' the man moaned. 'I think Molly bit it off!'"

No comments: